So why is it fun to be blind? we’ve got to learn to laugh at our misfortunes instead of crying over them, haven’t we? I’m all about fun: laughter is certainly the best medicine!
- If someone is cooking you a meal, and decided not to tell you what it is, you get a food surprise with every bite.
- Wearing dark glasses means you can stare at people and they’ll never know!
3. Walking into inanimate objects and apologising!
4. Saying hello back when someone says hello. No they weren’t talking to you!
5. You’ll never be asked to help people move, or redecorate their house.
6. You can’t see how messy your house is, so therefore it’s not messy.
7. You can read in the dark: if it’s braille or read by speech of course!
8. You can use your blindness to get out of doing chores, even though you are perfectly capable of doing them!
9. You can play Eenie Miney Mo when you’re out in are choosing from the menu.
10. Every time you drop something, it’s a cross between Blind Mans Buff and playing treasure hunt like you did as a child!
11. No one is going to ask you to read a map on road trips: it’s not a fun journey until you get lost!
12. Every partner you have is a 10 out of 10!
13. Playing eye spy everywhere you go.
14. When you’re in a group of people and someone points and says look at that… The witty response is, i’m trying really hard but my eyes just don’t seem to be cooperating!
15. When people ask if you’re training your Guide Dog, you can tell them that yes they are part of a secret mission but it’s classified information.
16. No need to buy an extortionately priced and oversized TV: you can’t see it anyway!
17. Hoovering your house and when you’re finished, a voice says hello and you jump out of your skin… They’ve appeared from nowhere; It’s like magic!
18. You don’t have to look in the mirror and be greeted with your scary morning face!
19. See when something gross has just happened…Like your parents kissing 😉
20. No need to purchase a blind fold to spice it up in the bedroom… You’ve got one built in 😉
***Disclosure This is a light hearted post, with no detrimental feelings towards Blind or Visually Impaired people.
Not every person who is registered blind, or refers to themselves as blind, has 0% sight.
I hope you can take this post for what it is, funny… And if not, maybe try some happy pills 😉
Much love, Sassy x