Exciting Line-Up of Accessible vegan Festivals from Vegan Events UK
There’s something for everyone at the forthcoming Vegan Festivals from Vegan Events UK this Spring. These popular accessible events, held at venues up and down the country include a feast of mouth wateringly delicious food, a wide range of fantastic stalls, world food caterers, exciting cookery demos, inspirational talks, interactive workshops, yoga and children’s activities running throughout the day.
Food on offer includes a varied and exciting array of plant-based hot and cold dishes, including Asian, Mediterranean, Indian, Greek, Hotdogs, Burgers, Street Food, Raw Food and Gourmet Food! There will also be a huge range of pies, cakes, chocolates, cookies, doughnuts, sandwiches and salads to take away as well as alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, juices, smoothies, tea and coffee.
There will be a great selection of non food stalls at the event selling a wide variety of items including fashion, footwear, jewellery, beauty and skincare products, candles, crafts, clothing, footwear, homeware, gifts and charity merchandise.
As well as stalls to look round, there will also be a wide range of free food samples to try, live music, inspirational talks, live cookery demonstrations, workshops and children’s activities.
Vegan Events UK organises over 20 of the largest vegan festivals and events across the UK. Events this spring are being held in Essex, Portsmouth, Shoreditch, Manchester, Glasgow, Leicester, Liverpool, Nottingham and Dorset.
Festival Organiser Victoria Bryceson says, “With the vegan lifestyle really starting to go mainstream there’s a massive demand around the country for vegan-friendly events. Our festivals are set to be a fantastic day out whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or simply vegan-curious. The idea behind the festivals is to educate and inform everyone about the vegan lifestyle and offer support to anybody who would like it.”
Going vegan has transformed Victoria’s life; “I’ve never felt happier and healthier,” she says. She started the festival with the aim of promoting animal welfare and how to live a more ethical and healthy lifestyle. “There will be several animal welfare charity stalls raising awareness of their causes. For anybody who would like to get involved with volunteering this is an ideal place to talk to lots of different charities and gather information, and all the stall holders are happy to talk to people and answer any questions.”
The festivals are run in partnership with animal welfare charities including Miracle’s Mission. “It’s all about trying new things and opening people’s eyes to new possibilities,” continues Victoria. “Cutting out meat and dairy from your diet is easier than you might think and many people are increasingly looking for alternatives as they want to live more healthily and ethically. They want to find out more about the new innovative foods and recipes now available and want to do it affordably. Our festivals will educate people on how to do all of this.”
The festivals being held in spring 2018 are:
• Essex Vegan Festival on Saturday 3rd March
• Portsmouth Vegan Festival on Sunday 4th March
• Shoreditch Viva! Vegan Festival on Saturday 17th March and Sunday 18th March
• Northern Vegan Festival (Manchester) on Saturday 7th April
• Glasgow Vegan Festival on Saturday 14th April and Sunday 15th April
• Leicester Vegan Festival on Saturday 21st April
• Liverpool Vegan Festival on Saturday 5th May
• Nottingham Viva! Vegan Festival on Saturday 12th May
• Dorset Vegan Festival on Sunday 20th May
Entry into each festival is just £3 (under 16’s free) and this includes entry to all areas and activities. Standard tickets are purchased at the door on the day. VIP tickets, £15, include fast track entry and a goody bag full of vegan products, samples, discounts and offers can be purchased in advance but sell out quickly. For more information please visit http://www.veganeventsuk.co.uk or http://www.facebook.com/VeganEventsUK
Dates up and down the UK for the calendar year :
• Essex Vegan Festival – Saturday 3rd March
• Portsmouth Vegan Festival – Sunday 4th March
• Shoreditch Viva! Vegan Festival – Saturday 17th March and Sunday 18th March
• Northern Vegan Festival (Manchester) – Saturday 7th April
• Glasgow Vegan Festival – Saturday 14th April and Sunday 15th April
• Leicester Vegan Festival – Saturday 21st April
• Liverpool Vegan Festival – Saturday 5th May
• Nottingham Viva! Vegan Festival – Saturday 12th May
• Dorset Vegan Festival – Sunday 20th May
• Brighton Vegan Summer Fest – Saturday 2nd June and Sunday 3rd June
• Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival, Leeds – Saturday 16th June and Sunday 17th June
• Plymouth Vegan Festival – Saturday 21st July
• Bath Vegan Festival – Saturday 28th July
• Second Dorset Vegan Festival – Saturday 15th September
• Brighton Viva! Vegan Festival – Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th September
• Second Bath Vegan Festival – Saturday 3rd November
• Second Glasgow Vegan Festival – Saturday 10th November and Sunday 11th November
• Manchester Vegan Christmas Market – Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th November