Picture the scene;low lighting with live Cuban music playing softly in the form of a drummer and guitarist, and me in a black and gold sparkly dress with festive earrings to boot… Yes I was at a Christmas event. but this wasn’t just any Christmas event’ this was the MK bloggers Christmas party #MKFiesta at Revolución DeCuba!
Just before we walked in I admitted to Gary I was a little nervous but excited. This was my 2nd blogging event; my 1st blogging event was somewhat overwhelming. So I wasn’t quite sure what to expect this time around.
I needn’t have worried Gary and I said hello to the girls who were already there. We deposited our jackets and grabbed a glass of Pressecco.
We chatted and mingled getting to know one another, it was great being in such good company
Before long we were piling our plates high with the scrummy food; calamari, chicken wings, shredded chili beef brisket, roasted peppers and spicy rice to name but a few delicious treats!
On the table each person was gifted 2 free drinks; Gary and I both opted for cocktails from their Christmas menu. I ordered a tropical punch and Gary ordered a a chocolatey caramel pudding punch.
I enjoyed my cocktail but sadly Gary’s drink was far too sickly sweet. We were both impressed by the food and the funky glassware our cocktails came in; I had a pineapple shaped glass and Gary’s came in a cool mason type jar!
I’m a terrible blogger, I forgot to take pictures!
There were about 15 bloggers in attendance so we broke off into smaller groups to sit down and eat. This is where I got to chat more to the lovely Formidable Joy and But First Coffee. It was great getting to know the girls a little better and chatting about all things blogging. It’s fun meeting others that share the same joys and passions as you… Time just flys by…
While we were chatting Sophie’s Suitcase came over and handed out the goody bags, and my gosh were we treated to amazing gifts and vouchers from brands!
- A cute and cosy hat from Mitchell and Ness
- A bottle of Ale from MK BierGarten which Gary claimed as soon as he spotted it!
- Gorgeous hand cream from Lush, now where can you ever go wrong with a bit of Lush?
- A cool magazine and voucher from Bo Concept. if only I had come across this awesome company before I moved 2 years ago, I
would have spent hours lusting over the furniture!
- 50% off at Rush, I’m very much looking forward to booking my haircut in the new year!
- A relaxation session at Flotation Life, Gary and I are still debating on who deserves this more..
- Lunch for 2 at Maaya I’m a lover of Indian cuisine so I cannot wait to try this restaurant out!
- £1 off pizza at Stu’s Oven; Gary’s favourite food is pizza, so I won’t be getting a look in there then!
- 2 vouchers for Zumba at Fitness Milton Keynes, trying to keep up with a fitness workout when you can’t see is going to be entertaining at the very least!
- A 120g packet of sweet and smokey chili flavored propercorn it was very tasty i must say!
- A pot of mustard from Mr and Mrs Fitz, I’m genuinely excited to try this on some pork chops.
- And not forgetting further drinks vouchers as a fab excuse for us ladies to return in the new year and enjoy a few more cocktails!
A massive shout out goes to Revolución DeCuba for being fantastic hosts, all the fab brands who gifted us, and most importantly Sophie’s Suitcase for organising the event itself!
I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and I look forward to the next blogger meet up!