I was nominated by the lovely AgentSpitbag to this weeks Linky party, my very first one; so thank you!
As it’s the time for giving, i’ve created a top 10 list of ways to give people your time at Christmas 🙂
- Write your neighbours a Christmas card.
- Don’t send family / friends cards and instead donate the money to a charity of your choice.
- Bake/ buy cakes/ cookies to to give your local emergency services station a thank you. This time of year will always be a busy one for emergency services, they’ll definitely appreciate it 🙂
- Donate clothes / food / toiletries to your local shelter / food bank. A little can go a lot way, Supermarkets will usually have those collection bins out front for you to put things in, if you don’t have the time to go to your local shelter etc. There should be a list of popular / in demand supplies on your local shelter / food bank, so you can get the things that people really need 🙂
- Call a relative / old friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, let them know you’re thinking of them, even if it’s just a 5 minute chat.
- Leave sticky notes in public places wishing Seasons Greetings / Happy Holidays.
- Give a stranger a hug; offer a hug and you’ll be surprised who will reciprocate 🙂
- Write a short letter or poem to your partner, remind them why you love them, and thank them for the happy memories you’ve shared together 🙂
- Volunteer at your local soup kitchen/ Church / pet shelter. A helping hand is always appreciated, and you may be humbled by your experience and the people you meet.
- Offer to buy a homeless / elderly person a cup of coffee, it might be the warmest thing they’ve had all day.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to show people you care, just giving them your time and full attention is maybe all that person needs.
You’ll never know what you can achieve or help to improve another persons’ day just by being yourself 🙂
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you all.
Much love, sassy x