So as you can guess from the title this is going to be a post about my mishaps as a blind girl, and the funny situations i’ve gotten myself into! I have to thank Molly as i’ve totally jumped on her bandwagon! I was thinking of how to condense times like this and she wrote it perfectly as a hashtag #BlindGirlProblems,
so without further ado.
1. Trying to get into your best friends’ car, but completely facing the wrong way, I fell between the back seat and the front passenger seat. #BlindGirlProblems
2. Getting into the back of a taxi thinking it was a black cab… I took a massive step and couldn’t find the back seat to sit down, turns out I was standing on the back seat! #BlindGirlProblems
3. Walking into a pole in the dark and shouting at my now partner that it was his fault 😛 #BlindGirlProblems
4. Face planting my living room door because I thought it was open. #BlindGirlProblems
5. Misjudging the step and falling down half a flight of stairs. #BlindGirlProblems
6. Walking slap bang into my partner because he was playing ninjas with me, and clearly won!
7. In full conversation my partner in the kitchen, when he sneaks around me and lets me jabber on to the microwave, thinking i’m still talking to him! #BlindGirlProblems
8. Stood waiting for 10 minutes at the bus stop, turns out I was about 20 yards away from the bus stop. #BlindGirlProblems
9. Walking past my own front door because I wasn’t concentrating. #BlindGirlProblems
10.Using my cane and still managing to slip off the kerb, shouting SHIT very loudly, much to my Mother and Sisters’ amusement! #BlindGirlProblems
11. Taking a mirror photo of yourself and sending it to your best friends to show them your new hair do: completely miss myself out of the picture! #BlindGirlProblems
12. Having one of those bump into, trip up, and knock things over days… #BlindGirlProblems
13. Putting my slippers on the wrong way around. #BlindGirlProblems
14. Wearing my underwear inside out for half the day before I went to the toilet and realised… #BlindGirlProblems
15. Going to take a drink, missing my mouth completely and spilling it down my front. #BlindGirlProblems
16. Sitting on the corner of two sofas pushed together, as they were black and I was in a dark pub I threw myself back thinking it was a proper chair, I fell backwards and smacked my head on the floor. #BlindGirlProblems
17. Taxi driver dropped me off not outside my house, I tripped, and fell face first down the grassy hill, I was also rather drunk haha. #BlindGirlProblems
18. Dropping an item on the floor beside my drawers, pick it up and stand up, only to smack my head off the open drawers! #BlindGirlProblems
19. Writing a birthday card to my Mother, only to realise i’d written it upside down… #BlindGirlProblems
20. Eating raw sweet potato thinking it was the raw carrot i’d just chopped up! #BlindGirlProblems
21. Talking excitedly in a funny voice to my partner about a card, turns out I was talking to a woman, my partner had waked off, but heard the whole conversation haha! #BlindGirlProblems
22. In a building I visit every week, go to the toilet, and end up in the shower instead!#BlindGirlProblems
23. Standing in a clothes shop, talking to a mannequin thinking it’s my sister. #BlindGirlProblems
24. Found a big carton, container in the fridge, open it excitedly and prod my finger in it; turns out it’s the margarin… #BlindGirlProblems
25. My Mother throwing a pillow at my face, because she knew I wouldn’t see it coming! #BlindGirlProblems.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading these as much as I have remembering and writing them! I’m sure there’s plenty more I could come up with if I asked family and friends.
Any blind moments you wish to share? Or just daft mishaps?
Thanks for reading 🙂
Much love, Sassy x