VIP TAG QUESTIONS:
1. What medical condition caused you to be blind or visually impaired?
Uveitis Iritis: Arthritis of the eye.
2. In 3 words, describe your vision.
Strange, uncomfortable, unique.
3. What is the hardest thing to do being blind OR Visually impaired?
Painting my nails. I didn’t realise how hard it is to do hand – eye coordination with no working eyes!
4. What is the best part about being blind
Meeting loads of great people, and educating others on visual impairments.
5. What question do you get asked most about or because of your vision?
Do I live with my parents? I live in a highly populated Asian community, and they all are amazed I live independently away from my families they believe you should live with your parents to have that constant support.
6. Do you have a cane, a guide dog, or neither?
I have a cane, but have applied for a guide dog 🙂
7. What one piece of advice would you give to someone who is losing, going to lose, or has lost their vision?
Allow yourself to grieve for what you’re losing / lost. Accept that you cannot do things as easily or quickly as you once used to.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to a sighted person about interacting with a person who is blind or visually impaired?
Don’t assume that because a person is using a cane or guide dog that they have other limitations in the way of learning disabilities.
9. Why did you join YouTube/ Blogging?
I joined the world of blogging because I hope to educate others on disabilities, mores blindness: I feel there is no system implemented to understand and accept disabilities within Society, this leads to lack of communication, confusion, and a worry of offending the person with a disability; so interaction is avoided unless they have already met a person with a disability.
10. Name 3 people to do this tag next.
ElzTheBelz See My Way Girl Gone Blind